Adobe InDesign Scripting

Automated publishing with XML, IDML, and scripting. The flexible XML options, new InDesign Markup Language (IDML), and rich scripting support in Adobe InDesign CS4 and Adobe InDesign CS4 Server software allow you to create powerful automated workflows for publishing content across various systems and output media. This area provides in-depth information about the XML, IDML, and scripting support in InDesign to help you create a strong foundation for custom solutions that meet your unique publishing requirements. 

Keywords Adobe, InDesign, Scripting, PC, MAC, links, compatibility

PC MAC links compatibility

Adobe InDesign Scripting Forum Index -> Adobe InDesign Scripting

AuthorMessage
anne-laure_jallon (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: PC MAC links compatibility

hello,

I'm working on PC, CS2.
I'm sharing CS2 files with some people working on mac. We are on the same local network, which means we can access the same windows servers.

My problem is, when mac users open my PC files, all links are broken.
I tried the UNC convention, which I read should work. But it seems it doesn't!

if my links looks like \\myserver\myimages\toto.eps, can I open it on a mac? cause the link is found on PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Anne Laure
Peter_Kahrel (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: PC MAC links compatibility

It is a known bug that filepaths are stored in Windows-format only on PCs. You can try the script below to replace all backslashes with forward slashes and delete the colon. You may need to change some other details in the link names.

Peter

pix = app.activeDocument.allGraphics;
for( i = 0; i < pix.length; i++ )
{
oldname = pix[i].itemLink.filePath;
newname = oldname.replace( '\\', '/' );
newname = oldname.replace( ':', '' );
pix[i].itemLink.relink( newname );
pix[i].itemLink.update()
}
   Adobe InDesign Scripting Forum Index -> Adobe InDesign ScriptingAll times are GMT
Page 1 of 1